Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day & 1st Konad

A few days ago, I decided to try my first Konad (well, fauxnad since I used Bundle Monster plates but Konad Special Polishes). The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays, so why not combine the two? :) It's tradition to go to the big parade in the morning then to my grandparents for a get together and then to fireworks at night (if I don't have to work which has been the case the past few years. Big bummer.). Anyway, here are the results:It's obviously far from perfect but, hey, it's my first try!I made patriotic-themed cupcakes to take to Grandma's. The sweethearts look like the Valentine's Day candy but they are really red, white and blue USO themed sweethearts.


This cupcake is for my fiance who just got out of the Army. He spent a year deployed and I am very proud of him. He's a brave guy :) Actually, he lives a few states away so the cupcake PICTURE is for him. I'll let him know it tasted good :)







2 comments:

  1. awesome posting, amanda!!! oh, i wish i would have tried your cupcakes. they look delicious.
    and of course your nails are the best.... you did a very nice job. (o: i can't wait to see what you do next with them!
    great photos. (o:
    love u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, so very awesome. I LOVE it.
    I'm just finding your blog and will follow. I LOVE Konading,
    I'm having a new giveaway: http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/enter-my-kiss-giveaway.html
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive