Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Lagoon

Look how pretty the polish is in the bottle.  For over two months, it's been sitting unopened in my drawer.  Truth is I love how "mermaid" colors look in the bottle but hate them on my nails.  Why? There was this girl way back in early high school who wore too much blue eyeshadow and red lipstick WITH mermaid-colored nails.  For the next eightish years, I refused to wear any color on my nails except pink or red or something very neutral.  All because I was afraid of making her mistake.  
How ridiculously silly is that?
In fact, I didn't start to like all different nail polishes until this blog started and I discovered other nail blogs.  So wearing "mermaid" polish meant I'd climbed a big, silly mountain in life. ;)
Lagoon is awesome.  All different colors in the bottle but unfortunately, my camera didn't capture the color quite right on the nail.  It was a rushed job and messy but overall, this is one of my top ten now.  The Salon Manicure brushes are a love/hate relationship.  The flat end seems to make precise application harder.  The color was smooth, not streaky at all.  It wore a few days of abuse (I'm a nurse) before chipping. 
Two coats with a coat of Seche.






1 comment:

  1. Glad you got over the fear of mermaid colors! That brush does take some getting used to, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive