Monday, October 11, 2010

Stila - Empowered in Pink palette

Last Monday, I broke my no buy (it had been over a month, maybe two, since buying any beauty product - so it's well justified ;) ) After a quick, disappointing trip to Ulta (same products that were there four months ago) I found this at the register.  The palette is pretty and pink for BCA month.  The shadows are shimmery - white, dark purple, gray silver, and light pink.  My favorite part is the lip/cheek color.  For some reason, I can't make these colors work together.  Anyone have tutorials with these shadows? They don't compliment my skin or something.  In fact, I later realized I have an Avon palette with the same colors in matte that has the same problem.  The shadows themselves are great but why, oh why, don't they look right together!?  Done ranting now :)

2 comments:

  1. I will buy your palette from you:)

    I have been trying to find this for weeks!

    I would go white as base, pink on lid, gray in crease and purple as a liner. I think that would look good. Or you could do the pink on the inner eye and the gray on the outter and it would be two tone and a little smoky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion. I've been playing around with it more trying to make it work using your idea - I'm just eyeshadow dumb! Hope you have been able to find the palette. They really don't have as much pigmentation as hoped. I know it's not the same, but if you havn't found this palette yet, the Road to Radiance Across the USA is VERY similar to this one. It's a toned down version and Avon has a palette called Rebel Rose that is the same eyeshadow colors only matte. However the lip/cheek color is awesome and the color is apparantly exclusive to this travel palette.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive